Saturday, March 19, 2011

People Die

Staring death in the face is horrible. Sad. And just no fun at all. What does that mean exactly, though? Because if we notice, we have known about this death situation for as long as we can remember, right? A lot of people were brought up with the "Shhh...don't talk about that" type of attitude. Still others are just plain afraid of it.

The reality of death is quite flexible, as are most things in life. Biological sciences simply say you die when all life-supporting involuntary activity cease to operate. Metaphysics says that you simply leave the vessel and resume life in another dimension, on another realm. Physics states that theoretically we may not even understand the "life process" as well as we think we do, and that theoretically we should be able to live forever with deeper understanding of the laws of physics. And last but not least, there is the promise of hell fire after you die, if you "weren't right with God."

For the record, everybody is perfect and right with their God.

Whatever the case, whatever we decide is our own brand of truth. We need to become one with it and live as such. How dare I say "need"?

I said it and meant it. We play too much. We know there are impending events that will come, but we ignore them without fail.

We don't keep our affairs in order in case the unexpected occurs. We fight over our families' belongings, because we live "numb" and can't help but be greedy. Or we fight over the principalities, material goods, etc. because we are hurt and have no real idea of how to cope. Or simply because we are assholes.

So death has occurred; it hurts like hell. Then we start blaming the person that seems likely to have caused it: the child who gave Mom a hard time, the husband who may have secretly beat her, the job he worked for years and did not get his full credit after dedicated service.

None of those things are to blame. We leave the stage of life when we are finished playing our parts—and we all play a part. Sometimes people die of illness, which usually reflects imbalanced thoughts being nurtured. Emotional pain, anger, resistance, fear, resentment, and the experiences that they produce are revisited in the quiet of a person's mind on a regular basis. Eventually, you either create more of it or you create a way to get out of it.

When people die of an "accidental" nature, it actually is much of the same, with overtones of adventure, ego, or even violence. There are no accidents.

What we experience in life is a unique blend of consistent thoughts and emotions, which all emit vibration frequencies that strongly influence our "outpictured," manifested life. The seemingly concrete experience we take part in as our life, is, for intents and purposes, created by us.

And the same is true when we die, and for the ways we die. There is a television show called 1,000 Ways to Die. I noticed that in each scenario, the people acted out of fear, jealousy, anger, or otherwise unbalanced views of life where nobody matters but themselves. If the reason a person died is not apparent, then it may be found in the deepest thoughts, which are hidden. When we really want to live, we do.

Personally, I want to grow old, live to be 102, and still be pretty (a loving and radiant temple). I'll still walk or run my few miles a day, get up early and stretch my muscles before sunrise, clean my home, and conduct my business effortlessly. And when I'm ready to die, I want to get in my big fluffy bed and go to sleep, knowing in my heart I lived my own fairy tales in real life, and have received all of the good I hold within and without, and there is absolutely nothing else I want or need to do.

I know that we don't care to talk about death, but we should. When we ponder our own mortality, it beckons us to live—to really live.

I pondered Michael Jackson's life when I was about 8. I was concerned for myself and the world if we were ever to lose him. When he died, I was walking the halls at the school where I worked and heard a woman say  to someone else, "You know Michael Jackson died." The person was aware. The woman went on to say, "Shoooooot, 'cause when Jehova calls you home, it's time to go home!" She actually had a vibe like she was celebrating something she was looking forward to for herself. I continued down the hall, thinking, Wow, really? You just up and died? Why would he die? I don't mean who killed him. Why would he die?

Generally, we should be able to stay in bodies longer than 50 years. I wondered where he was energetically. He had children we know he cared about who were young. He had a career that was coming back ... right? I also know that M.J. wanted to please his audience more than anything else in life, and he did it better than anyone else ever has in history. I do not believe he would have ever reached those heights again; and personally, I remember thinking that Las Vegas is wonderful, but not for Michael. He's not the same type of artist as the rest. Everybody who gets to Vegas has done so because of their talent. But they are no Michael Jackson. I think he knew he could not bring the performance he was known for, and that being the dedication of his entire life, I think he chose to move on. The name of his last tour was "This Is It." Within the the last appearance to promote concert, he said he loved us and this was it. And then he was gone. The way he left was a reflection on some level of how he lived, as it will be for all of us. The doctor involved may have had concerns that turned into guilt or fear that were not addressed in his work with Michael, and unfortunately manifested as a moral and legal issue for him and his family to face. Whatever the case, I wish him well. More importantly, I see him as an actor in the play, only present because of his alignment with that particular energy.

I heard that the artist Nate Dogg died the other day. It immediately took me back to 1993, when I was underage and in a club where I met a really nice guy named Omar. He bought me a drink (which was soda) and made sure it stayed full. He made sure we got a place to sit and talk. He was really sweet and handsome. At the exact point where I start thinking, Do I like this dude? I glance over and see Nate Dogg. I was never a groupie, but I had the instinct that I would be good one, and I couldn't go out like that; so when I saw him, my only intentions were to dance with him, just get that in real quick, and come back hang out with Omar. What ended up happening was that Omar watched as I danced and talked and played stupid like I didn't know who he (Nate Dogg) was. I mean, I couldn't just start asking about his career, right? But what really took up time was the fact that I needed to keep looking at dude, because throughout our dance and my pretending not to know who he was, he started to not look so much like Nate Dogg ... and that really makes sense, seeing that it wasn't Nate Dogg. Oh. But I did say I had planned all along not to get caught up, 'cause I was really feelin' Omar, right? Well, Omar disappeared. :-( It was cool though; I learned my lesson. I found the man of my dreams a few years later.

So when I heard that Nate had moved on, I smiled. I thought about my hair-brained scheme and how it had crashed and burned, yet it was in his honor. I was never a serious fan of his, but of course I knew his music from the beginning, and I had respect. It was interesting how it all turned out. It was sad that his family lost him, and then there is the question of why. Whatever your view about the passing of life from this realm, remember that there are no victims and no mistakes; that theme is constant. Another constant theme is that your "afterlife" will in some way mimic your life and being that exist now. If you believe deeply that you will be punished and paid back for mistakes in life, you may very well have that continued wish or belief fulfilled. If you maintain that you must suffer because of yours sins, then suffering will be your companion.

For me, I am pretty content in the idea that we have a lot more to say about this subject, and that it is far more expanded than we ever thought possible. We may never know for sure until our time. What I am sure of is that the more I learn about any given subject, the more I evolve in my thinking about it, which changes my being in and around it, and that brings me incredible peace.

Elizabeth Taylor died today. I feel honored in this moment because it usually takes a week or two or more to complete a blog post. I had been wanting to post ideas about death for some time, and today was the day for editing and finally posting. I am honored to include her in this post because Elizabeth was a woman that represents all things good, luxurious, and glamorous ... and let's not forget beautiful. She was voted hands down one of the most beautiful women in the world. She enjoyed and gave the very best that Hollywood has to offer, and I am privileged to truly know of her work and contributions to life. I am thankful that she stood as a firm support for Michael Jackson during his life and times of need. People with H.I.V./ A.I.D.S. needed her support and friendship as well. Her life produced higher levels of thinking and understanding for millions of people, for decades; this is an extremely important achievement. Thank you, Elizabeth. You truly are a lady, American royalty. I am thankful for your presence.

I wish peace, comfort, and love to all of us for those we have lost, and for the life that death inspires us to live now in this world, and every wonder-filled world hereafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment