Sunday, February 6, 2011

What's Super SUPER about the Super Bowl?

I love holidays, not so much because of gifts or food—okay maybe it is the food. But the number one reason I love the holidays is this: For one day, several times throughout the year, most Americans are in agreement. The major holidays are especially important because families come from miles around to be together; and almost every house or apartment on every block is filled with groups of people practicing conscious love and harmony with one another.

The Super Bowl, although not a true holiday, is no different. Right now, those groups have formed in homes, apartments, backyards, and bars to practice being together to enjoy "the game," and to be good to each other while doing so. A bad attitude is frowned upon on Super Bowl Sunday.

Along with deep family ties being tightened, this faux holiday belongs to our men and their buddies, the neighbors and folks from work. These, too, are family.

The vibe in the air is what I like to experience. Days like this bring out the best in us. Even though I must admit that I dont care much for the game, I like to see who sings the National Anthem and how the players respond to it. Next, I look forward to the halftime show, and later, finally knowing who won so that I can be "in the know." Oh, and the commercials! How could I forget the commercials?!

Though the game isn't "my thing," I appreciate what it does for others, and that makes me happy.

I made some Super Bowl nachos for my family; and I loved the fact that I could hear the television from my office. I heard my family; I heard the crowd and commentators. Life was good!!

Happy Super Bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment